Sign the Petition to Protect Arizona’s Healthcare Heroes
Tell Arizona State Legislators:
Support our state’s healthcare heroes by passing the Essential Healthcare Workers Bill of Rights (HB 2842).
Arizona’s healthcare system is failing healthcare workers and the COVID-19 pandemic has only worsened the conditions they face. As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to ravage our state, healthcare workers go above and beyond to care for patients. They go in to work and put themselves and their families at risk every single day.
We aim to protect our healthcare heroes during this crisis with the Essential Healthcare Workers Bill of Rights (HB 2842). This legislation would protect and compensate healthcare workers for being in the frontlines during this pandemic by providing:
- Hazard pay for healthcare workers performing COVID-19 essential functions,
- Personal Protective Equipment (new and unexpired) at no cost to essential healthcare workers,
- COVID-Related Sick Leave (three weeks paid) for any healthcare worker who is unable to work because of a COVID-19 diagnosis, quarantine, or recovery,
- Accommodations for Quarantine for healthcare workers who come into direct contact with COVID-19 patients, or who test positive but don’t require hospitalization, provided at low cost or no cost and close to medical facilities,
- Whistleblower Protections to protect against retaliation against any healthcare worker raising concerns about safety standards, or actions by an employer that put patients, employees or the public at risk.
We can’t afford to lose any more healthcare workers.